Did you know that every calendar day is a holiday?
For example, yesterday was 'National Holistic Pet Day'...a day for "educating and promoting the use of natural and holistic treatments for your pets and animals."
huh. I'll have to run right out and get some organic cat food.
Tomorrow is 'Building and Code Staff Appreciation Day'. August 25 was 'Kiss and Make Up Day'...August 18 was 'Bad Poetry Day'.
And my birthday...May 17...besides being the Day of Mom...was 'Babysitter Safety Day'.
Besides being 'Love Litigating Lawyers Day' today...it's also your independence day if you're from Malaysia, Trinidad & Tobago...or Kyrgyzstan. I have no idea how to pronounce that. I just know it's the most consonants I've ever seen together in one place.
If you're curious about a certain day...you can go to Holidays on the Net for a good chuckle.
You know what? I'd like to propose a new holiday.
How about 'National Leave Mom Alone Day.'
There would be a few little rules involved...
1. Don't call me in Bellingham to tattle on your sister. Don't tell me she hucked a stuffed animal at you and the plastic buggy eye hit you on the forehead, and it really hurts.
2. Especially don't make the above call from the toilet.
3. Don't call and ask me to stop at Joe's for you. Not on my route.
4. Especially don't call back (after I've ever so nicely stopped at stupid Joe's anyway to buy you a football compression girdle) and tell me it's the wrong thing.
5. Don't make me go to Lowe's on Saturday. In fact, don't make me go there ever.
6. Laundry doesn't exist on Leave Mom Alone Day.
7. Likewise, there is no cooking on Leave Mom Alone Day.
9. Don't come to me all snotty and say, "Why haven't you made MY kind of cookies?"
I won't make them. At least not until it's 'Bake Peanut-Free Cookies Day'.
Don't you think that would be a great day?? :)