Because they're not really big, important facts...they're just little bitty ones.
1. Ok, this is a big one. Luke left for Guatemala this morning. And I miss him already. Their plane hasn't even left Seattle yet, but I feel like he's a million miles away. He is so excited for this trip. He hugged me and told me he loved me as we said goodbye this morning. He even came to me first...I didn't have to chase him around the kitchen and wrestle him down like usual.
I hope he listens to his dad...who told him to be safe, stay with the group, don't drink funky water, and buy his mom jewelry. ;)
2. My friends, Bill & Mickey from Minnesota are making their way from Seattle to Lynden today. I'd love for there to be a break in the heat, so they don't think we melt like this all the time.
Actually, I'd love a break in the heat for about 682 other reasons too.
3. We moved the portable air conditioner to our bedroom last night. Tossed the cats out of our room and shut the door. Oh, sweet heavenly bliss. I woke up around 2am...COLD. Like I needed a blanket. And that felt really, really good.
4. If you're a font-fiend...and I'm not saying you are. But I am. Just a little bit. Technically I'm a free-font-fiend. I'm too cheap to pay for them. Kevin & Amanda have 19 new, fun, free ones. Can't go wrong there. And they're pretty darn cute too.
5. And Cathy Zielske, on her blog...did a fantastic tutorial on how to make your own frame and text overlay:
She is a graphic designer who pays for fonts. :) But aren't they pretty? That life font will set you back twenty bucks.
Her tutorial (you can print it out) is a super easy, step by step guide to making those fun frames with text. She did hers in CS3...but she says that there's nothing in her tutorial that can't be done in Elements. yay!
Here's my version:
Next time I would choose a different picture...the 'La Conner' on Ian's shirt kind of fights with the text at the bottom. But I really love this picture. The kids had been playing in the sprinkler at Isom...and I love the water droplet falling off of his nose. Pure luck. If I'd have been trying to catch a water droplet falling from Ian's nose...it would have taken a gazmillion tries. And then I still probably wouldn't have caught it.
Can't wait to play with this and make more. :)
6. Today is Scrapbook Picture's last day of their fantabulous sale. I think I'm going to order some more today. Probably pictures of Luke...you know, so I can remember what he looks like.
Enjoy your Friday!