Tomorrow is the last day of the show...what an experience. So much hard work and fun. :) I am SO inspired to go home and create.
Looking forward to seeing Iz and the kids.
I will return to more normal blogging soon!
Woohoo! Another busy day in the booth! And that's such a good thing...people are loving Teresa's new lines! :)
again...I didn't leave the booth except for the bathroom and French fries.
It's sunny here...the pictures are from the booth and the pool is the view from the balcony.
Gotta get to bed...
Oh my goodness! What a crazy busy day... The booth was hoppin'!
So much fun... I'm so sorry I haven't posted pictures yet...but I left the booth for 15 minutes to get French fries, and that's it! Lol
Here are some pictures of Teresa's booth...it is so pretty! :)
1. Belle and I want to make this after I get home from CHA: Zebra cake! There is a super cool...makes it look easy step by step here. **No zebras were harmed in the making of that cake.
2. The boys lost a tough one to Squalicum last night. Good job boys. And kudos to our students who showed WAY more class than the Squalicum thugs student section. :( So not cool. Tip: When your boys are THAT good, you don't need to be jerks.
3. Packing today! Yikes. I have to be up at 3am tomorrow. This is a two suitcase trip. Here's hoping they don't end up over the weight limit.
4. One more quick sneak peek: I am usually a huge October Afternoon fan. Lately I find myself wishing for more 'vintage' OA. Not vintage literally....like stuff they did in the beginning. I will reserve judgment until I see it in person. And hope to see it somewhere available online before Christmas time.
5. shows I HAVE to stop watching: All kinds of wrong. And yet so addicting. I had to leave before the end last night, and I had Belle text me who made Ultimate Grand Supreme. reruns. Somehow, the winner doesn't change. ugh.
6. From Pinterest... I think I neeeeeed it!
Ok...gotta finish the laundry, buy milk, pack, get my hair done...and a bunch of other random stuff. Happy Thursday...I probably won't be able to check in until the weekend. I hope to blog from the show. :)
1. Lynden beat Sehome last night. Luke had a good game...all the boys played really well. Love to see that. :) Way to go boys!
2. Met with Alissa. The snow changed our plans last week. So we met at Starbucks and did a little shopping. Found a few "necessary" things for CHA...coughcoughblingbracelet&necklacecoughcough. She's also loaning me a suitcase. I needed a black one...so it would match with this: I have a fairly decent sized suitcase like this, plus the smaller carry on one. Thank you TJ Maxx. Somehow I just couldn't pair it with Belle's lavender luggage.
3. happy mail. A free drink card from Starbucks, plus a fun surprise. Love it when that happens. And no bills!
4. fun digital stuff... Like these freebies at O Scraps... free 4x6 templates (Alissa found these for me when I lost all my others in The Crash.) and also some cute stuff at Designer Digitals...not free, but still good. ;) She's got 7? of these for free on her blog...or you can buy the set of 31 for about $4 buckolas. Also at DD...because I like datey things. Because I like numbery things too. I suppose that would be numerical. Whatever.
5. got the email that 30 Days of Lists will be on again in March. Pre-registration opens February 5th. I'm not sure how much it will be this time....last time it was like $6 or something super-reasonable like that.
Belle and I did a little shopping after her Saturday am soccer game. We ended up at Fred Meyer, looking for Excedrin. It's pretty much the only thing that works when Iz gets a headache. But it's been recalled. Bummer. I found something else and we started walking away. At which point Belle tells me (whispering) "That man just put Advil in his pocket!" That man being the guy who was perusing the Tylenol the same time we were. I asked her if she was sure...and she said yes, he opened up the top flap of his coat and plopped it right in. Then he unflapped his other coat pockets. Like for more booty. Bugger. By now we're at the end of the aisle...I turn to look at him (he's still looking things over) and say really loud "I HOPE YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR THAT!" Nothing. There are absolutely NO Fred Meyer workers anywhere around. (I had asked Belle approximately 36 times if she was SURE he put it in his pocket). So we follow him. And while following him and looking for Fred peope, we lost him. I suck at reconnaissance.
At the checkout, I asked the girl what you should do if you see someone shoplift. Tell a Fred Meyer worker. Duh. She said their surveillance people are pretty good if you can describe the person and where he was. So we told her about the Advil thief. THEN she told us we would not believe what gets stolen...or attempted, at least. Evidently some guy (caught red handed by the good folks at Fred's) was SUCKING REDI WHIP STRAIGHT FROM THE CAN. No intention of paying for it.
I barf. Which begs the next question...have I ever, ever, EVER bought Redi Whip that's been violated in such a way? Oh Redi Whip, I will miss you.
I am getting so excited to go to CHA! (Craft & Hobby Association).
While we're on the subject of abbreviations...it's another NST day. That would be NO SCHOOL TODAY day. Ugh. Actually, in medical terms, it also means non-stress test. And as a former nurse who's talking about abbreviations...I will now step onto my soap box to inform all you prospective brides out there that STD does NOT stand for Save The Date. Every time I'm on Pinterest, I see some post like "Look at this adorable STD card!" And I just want to scream..."It's Sexually Transmitted Disease, ladies!!! And they should NOT make cards for that!" Off my box now.
So the kids are home from school again today. Is it wrong that I want to go to Michael's? I got an email yesterday, and all their cute Martha Stewart Valentine stuff is on sale. Sigh.
Back to CHA. I have been loving the sneak peeks of new products. Here are some of my faves: From Crate Paper: It had me at the name. Love the papers...can't wait to see the doo-dads too!
And from Studio Calico: Wouldn't these be fun background papers? BSMH. (Be still my heart)...Washi tape!
I like the Take Note collection too. If these are gray...I'm going with S&T (swoon & thud).
And the stamps...Oh my goodness, their stamps. Truth is...I love making my own custom stamps with my Stampmaker...but I can appreciate and covet a good stamp right along with the next girl.
I really, really want these.
This too. Even though I know they're rubber cling stamps, and I'm a clear stamp snob. (According to Alissa). ;)
Waiting to see some sneaks from Simple Stories. According to their blog, maybe today? And I still need to check out My Mind's Eye...
And of course my fave faves: Everyday Moments (doing more with this today)...and as I have the papers in my hot little hands, I can tell you that PDDTJ. (Pictures Don't Do Them Justice).
Last night I made one of my stand-by dishes for dinner. A super easy, yummy casserole first brought to us by a friend after I had Ian. It's called Italian Pasta Bake...and it's basically big noodles, spaghetti sauce, hamburger & cheese. Last night I didn't have any of my usual spaghetti sauce: So I used what I did have...this stuff: Just so we're clear here.....NOT THE SAME.
My family (Iz excluded) is a little on the bland side. Shelby likes jalepenos...but since I know she wasn't switched at birth or anything...we're keeping her anyway. EVIDENTLY...the sausage sauce with peppers and onions was a bit much for their palates.
I take the Pasta Bake out of the oven. Right away I smell peppers and onions. One of the kids (can't remember which one): "That smells different." Me (lying): "Nope...it's all good. You like this." I begin scooping pasta onto the plates. I set Belle's plate in font of her. Belle (immediately flicking a big pepper chunk aside): "WHAT IS THAT?!?!?" Me (lying): "Oh, that's just a little teeny piece of pepper. It's all good. You like this. Shelby...you like it, right?" Shelby (my jalepeno loving girl, whom I thought was my best chance at liking this stuff): "No." Just no. She's not a sugar-coater...but really, I had hoped for a little more than that. I leave the room. Ian searches me out... "Mom? Can you never get that sauce again?"
I told him I never would. I didn't even try any. I had cereal.
Happy Thursday! Off to visit Safeway where I will buy the correct spaghetti sauce. Oh, and taco shells...because it's been a week (gasp!) since we've had tacos.